MozamWeek to MissionBister

It has been a long time since I posted here in Mozamweek. This was the blog that I created back in 2008 or so to document our lives as missionaries in Mozambique. I never posted weekly as I'd intended. This has been a place to express my thoughts as a missionary, mom and migrant between the USA, Sweden and Mozambique in ministry and life in general.

In December of 2017, we said good-bye to our Mozambique-based ministry. Our part of the Bible translation ministry for Nyungwe was basically complete. Our last child was finishing at the international school in Tete. My new Little Zebra Books groups were becoming more and more independent. A chapter was closing. New plans were forming. Furlough was scheduled and we moved on.

Setting up house in Sweden was a transition. We were ready for this move. It had been planned as a practical place to restart ministry in new roles. It was necessary to reconnect with family and our church and invest in friendships back "home". All of these things happened during our time in Skövde. We had lots of positive experiences and we grew through some of the difficult times that come with restarting and transition. I didn't feel much like blogging. I didn't want to just rename MozamWeek and continue. I needed to start over.
MissionBister.org

Introducing: MissionBister.org

One of the decisions we made while on furlough was to create a ministry website that was not connected specifically to either of our sending organizations in an official way, but neither was it completely personal like my Mozamweek blog. The website has been launched, and a couple of blog posts have been uploaded. Some of the content is migrated from this blog, there are links to our sending organizations, and there is more content that directly relates to our roles in our ministry and not just our lives as a missionary family.

I hope you will visit MissionBister.org website to learn more about us. I hope you will continue to be interested in our family and work. I hope we will hear from you!

I'm not going to discontinue MozamWeek. I think we still have things to say here. This is a place that documents much of my journey to where I am today. I still relearn things from reading my past posts. I'm thankful for that! Thank you for sharing my journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One more year

Getting ticked off

Rosa