What do I REALLY think about you?

Good morning from chilly Sweden after a rainy night!

We've been thinking a lot about fundraising, support raising, partnership development, PR, project planning, budgets, and all-that-goes-into-getting-us-where-we-can-do-what-we're-called-to-do. Earlier this year I wrote about "selfish" missionaries here.

I've been thinking a lot about all of you lately! I've been reminded of how we met and why we are still in touch with each other. I've smiled and gotten a tear now and then because of some of you. We have been through a lot. I miss some of you. I will see some of you tomorrow! Most of all I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for each of you who follows our mission work, our family life and our growth as followers of Jesus. You make my day!

As a missionary in need of the financial commitment of "others" to do my "job", I am often very aware that I could seem ingenuine in a relationship. Some might see me as only keeping in touch because of the money, I guess. I hope not. Those who do give are very dear to me as friends and family and brothers and sisters. I see that you truly care and invest in the work that we love. I wouldn't be able to do it without you!

And those who don't give? How do I feel about you? Mostly I am very thankful that you put up with a series of "pitches" and "opportunities to partner" and you are still my friend after all these years! Thank you! You must be pretty kind to keep up with me in spite of it all. You love my kids. You pray for me. You care about what's happening in the world that I live in and try to share. I value your world, too! You broaden my horizons because we see things from different perspectives sometimes. I'm thankful for you!

And what about those who once gave and stopped? Do I notice? Do I care? I probably don't notice quite as quickly as you think 😊. I focus on what is there more than what is not there. When I get a list of donors for the month, I am so thankful for each name I see there. I pray for those people and I am reminded of God's faithfulness. I am humbled by someone entrusting their hard-earned money to our ministry/family/life. Just a couple of times a year I search the list and see how regularly a gift is coming in. If I notice a gap I generally assume that there is a financial reason someone skipped or stopped. I pray that God will bless them. I thank God for them. I might get in touch to see if everything is going ok. Of course, we count on regular giving, but we never take it for granted.

Each gift makes a difference. Each gift represents a time someone heard our story and decided to be a part of it! Sometimes we are blown away by your generosity. Sometimes we scratch our heads and wonder how you might have heard about us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One more year

Getting ticked off

Rosa