No place special... except that it is!






Where did YOU grow up? Was it someplace special? I grew up in a very normal place. I spent a week back in there. In the 70's and early 80's we lived in houses within a few miles of where I was born. The last house was on Popp Road at the edge of Grandpa's 40 acres. Mom, my kids and I enjoyed our stay at my aunt's house right next door to our last "Daddy-built" home. Driving down the road with the afternoon sun glowing through golden, green and orange woods I had to think, "There is really no prettier place in the world."













I'm so thankful for having a chance to grow up on the edge of a cornfield...
on a gravel road lined with trees...
just a jog or bike ride from my grandma's house...
with a blue sky overhead and fresh air blowing through the leaves.










I'm thankful for the closeness of family that provided much perspective on life and shaped my choices for the future.











I'm thankful for the joy of hardworking people caring for each other and for the land they were blessed to own.










I'm thankful for how things fit together in a life I never chose, but have been blessed by each unexpected turn.







God bless you guys!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One more year

Getting ticked off

In the evening...