I promise...

As Tete heats up this year, I'm making a commitment NOT to complain about the weather. It gets really hot. It is really dusty. I mean DUSTY- you've NEVER seen dust like this! There is red dust and gray dust... and now, with the coal mines, black dust is coming, I'm sure. But, I'm not going to complain this year!

I have decided to recognize the uniqueness of the weather in Tete. I will marvel at the creativity that God has in putting together this world. I will try to notice the good things. I will sweat and wait for the breeze to blow and cool my skin by a few degrees for a few seconds. I will try to embrace the local pace that conserves what little energy you have after living in heat for about 20 hours a day!

I will be thankful that we have air-conditioners in two bedrooms. I will be thankful that our neighbors upstairs block lots of the heat even though, down here, we get the dust. I will be thankful that I can know the people who were born here and call this place home their whole lives!

By this time next year, I will be in the USA for "furlough." My kids will be in a regular old school. I will have family around me (big smile!) and my kids will have 6 cousins to hang out with. Mikael will join the gang of "brothers-in-law" that the Kurtz girls put together. It might be warm in Alabama in September, but it won't be 100F!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One more year

Getting ticked off

In the evening...