Check it out!

Look! We are in the paper! I was asked by a local resident to write something about our activities as a humanitarian organization here in Tete. Tash Morgan is a contributor to the Zambezi Traveler , a regional tourism and business newspaper available in countries bordering the Zambezi River. If you click the link, hop on over to pages 33-36 for info on our neck of the woods -- I guess I mean "our bend in the river"! Tash and I co-wrote the bit on pg. 34.

As you can see, there is a lot going on in Tete these days! One interesting thing to note is that this is an English language newspaper generally directed to the foreign community. It is available in hotels and business offices. It is free due to all the advertising. So, I guess I can add one publication to my list of things available to read in Tete. Unfortunately, there isn't a local Portuguese language paper being printed or distributed.

I've been asked to write another article on the importance of literature in a community and relate it to my findings about the availability of reading material in Tete. Hopefully it will prompt new businesses to think about donating books to schools. Not just text books, but interesting books that promote an enjoyment of reading. You never know... small things do make a difference!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One more year

Getting ticked off

In the evening...