I'm going!

I'm going to a conference tomorrow. I'm going to miss the plane that my friends kindly begged, borrowed and went out of their way to book for me! BUT I'm going to the conference!

I was able to change the date on the ticket without charge, thanks to a very kind and patient lady on the phone in Johannesburg. I'm not going anywhere near South Africa where her office is, but her branch office was the only one that I could actually connect with! She was the one who could help me. So, I'm going to the conference!

Since I'm leaving on Monday, I can be happy for the ride on Saturday... that might or might not get to Harare in time for take-off (of the flight I'm no longer booked for.) The person I'm riding with is a friend of a friend. I'm thankful for my friends for sure! Because without them, I wouldn't be going to the conference.

I'm going to have a weekend in Harare, unplanned, but fine. I have friends there to repay for kindnesses. I have memories there of the birth of our first child in 2000. I have curiosity about what the place is like these days. I will have a chance to make sure my presentation is up to scratch, I guess.

I'm going to Botswana... I'm going to a reading conference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting ticked off

One more year

In the evening...