Almost in my own backyard

I learned of an interesting occurrence this week on the blog of a friend here in Tete. We have mentioned before that people here live in the city, but still have lots of beliefs based on cultural traditions. I have heard people mention "invisible airplanes" before. It just sounds silly and somehow ridiculous that someone would believe in an invisible airplane! One of the translators has told us that he saw an invisible airplane... it was covered with a sheet. I couldn't imagine what he meant! After reading my friend's post, it makes more sense. Have a look and see what I mean. They took him to the airplane about a mile from my house, right in the provincial capital. This didn't happen in the bush... it was right here... almost in my own backyard...

Click this link to read about one missionary's experience with one of the strange realities of life in the land of the Nyungwe people. An encounter with a magic airplane

I'd love to hear what you think about this one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One more year

Getting ticked off

In the evening...