February

I think we have come to a phase in our field term where most things are just normal. I've looked at the past two weeks and we haven't had any crises. Everyone is over their colds. School is in full swing. Translation is on track. Our power and water and internet are working. I'm able to wade through paperwork on my desk and check my e-mail. Kind of boring. Kind of nice. What do you do when things fall into a routine? It doesn't happen very often around here. I'm out of practice.

This is the month of Valentines and remembering to show our love to those we care about. This is the month for a few special birthdays and our wedding anniversary. This is the month for reminding ourselves to stick to that New Year's resolution we made... or change it... or give up. This is the month to find out if our tax info is where we thought it should be. This is the month to commit to 2011 and plan to follow the plan. I guess it is a good thing it is a short month. Then we can't draw out all that "in with the new" stuff.

I've written a newsletter and have had it checked. At long last I'm committing to writing regularly about our work here. Pop me an e-mail if you want to be on the mailing list for the newsletter. It is going out via e-mail next week.

My proposal to run a series of workshops for Nyungwe bilingual education teachers fell apart. It seems they were told they have more important things to do and can't spare the time to be trained in writing the language they will teach. This means that instead of an official training series, I have to come up with something different. THEY asked for help. I offered help. Somewhere someone else said it isn't a priority. There will be another way. More locations, less content, shorter days. I won't give up until they refuse to look at a new proposal. I'd appreciate your prayers as I try to find a way to give them what they need. Strange job. We've offered them what they want and now we have to fight to be able to give it to them.

Please pray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting ticked off

One more year

In the evening...