This week and the next

My schedule seems to be determined by so many things. What's going on? Here's a sample.

Monday: Doctor visit. Kids with ear aches and sore throats. Tried all my usual tricks so I've called in a professional. One's on antibiotic, the other two must use ear plugs for swimming, but are fine. Bible club... memory verse sheet requests from some students! I hope that means they want to memorize! I just listed all my favorites. You can send me ideas for more verses that every kid should know! We are starting practice for Carols evening as well.

Getting an air conditioner installed. First we must upgrade our electricity... then we must buy the big machines, then we have to have someone install them... leg work, filling out forms, why can't it be easy?

Planning for my bedroom and hallway floors to be taken out and redone. We had the living and dining areas done in April... what a mess! But, the top layer of cement is starting to break up in the rest of the house, so we might as well... After taking out the floors, we will call the painters... it will be so nice to get it all done!

Thursday, Rosa, our housekeeper, will be at the doctor again. She is still feeling dizzy after a long drawn out case of tummy trouble. I think the strong meds they gave her for over a week has made the situation worse. I know she's anemic anyway... put those together and you get a dizzy, weak person. She'll recover. Pray for her... she worries and that makes it worse.

Friday and Saturday are the school play for the kids. We can attend one night... the other will be a date night! In the play, Snow White, I have one tree, one jockey (instead of dwarfs) and one horse-race commentator. It is a musical. My tree will have to stand and smile, I think. That's what he's best at. My Jockey has to sing in a group of jockeys... better than making him learn a lot of lines. My commentator will stand on a stool and belt out quick solo lines with good enunciation. I'm sure she'll love it! She even uses a nice South African accent when she's practicing!

Sunday we are trying to get Mark/Maliko delivered to some more churches... never-ending process. Pray that we manage another 4 this weekend!

So, what about work? I've been in touch with some of the Education Forum people, but it seems interest is lagging and our campaign against school corruption is delayed. We must get the interest back up! sigh... my turn to beat the drum, I guess.

Primer Revision on hold this week. I will work on it next week in the mornings. I have a computer up and running. That is the first step.

So, if I can leave the renovations to someone else, I can work on Primers and seminar plans... If that someone else is going to translate the Bible, I'd better do my part for organizing aircons. But, with the heat up to 100+ in the shade (that is over 40C for those of you who live outside America) we have been sleeping in a house that is over 90F/30C. It isn't good for restful nights. It isn't good for computers to run in that heat either. So, please pray for things to move quickly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting ticked off

One more year

In the evening...