What David remembers...

I've been enjoying a trip down memory lane with Lingamish. David and Hilary Ker started out with us in the Nyungwe program back in 1999. Back then we weren't officially translating; we were doing linguistics and stuff. David was in charge of translation. David has been writing his memoirs of life as a missionary in Tete. I've enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

For a peek into Nyungwe-land and life as a Tete missionary through David's eyes, check out Hippo-hunting at Lingamish. I can't say that I disagree with David's recollection of events... his perspective on them is just unique. I always enjoy reading his stuff. His irreverence is refreshing, and he is honest... even if he's sometimes a bit deluded. Hopefully, he'd say the same about me... except for the irreverent part.

Comments

  1. Thank you for the high praise. You guys are the main reason we lasted in Tete as long as we did. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting ticked off

One more year

In the evening...