Strawberry Pie...

When my friend came into town from Lilongwe, she brought us a few quarts of strawberries. That is a real treat around here and it came just before the 4th of July! I sent out a frantic e-mail and text message to Mom and my sisters for the family strawberry pie recipe. This is the reply that I only managed to read today, July 5th... Since we had home-made ice-cream for the 4th, I didn't make pie. We will have that today!

Oh my! What do I want for a prize. Mom is getting her cookbook. We are at her house.
For my prize, I want a picture of your 3 kids.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
1 qt. strawberries
1 c. sugar
3 T. corn starch
2 T. white corn syrup
1 c. water
pinch salt
2 T strawberry gelatin
red food coloring
Put Strawberries in baked pie shell.
Cook until clear sugar, cornstarch, water, salt, corn syrup.
Cool slightly, add gelatin and food coloring. Pour over berries in pie shell. Top with whip cream.
(Old church recipe book)
I will share my prize since we are all together.
...my house for the 4th of July. You are invited!
Love you all.
Pam, mom and CJ


OK, so here is Pam's prize... any admin stuff I want done, I know SHE will be the one to get it taken care of! Mom and CJ have other various gifts... together we make a family, don't we?

I didn't have the 3 kids together on the 4th, but this is from vacation a week or so ago! Hope it will do until I get another one. NOW, I want a picture of YOUR kids, Pam! You too Christy... and, I want a good picture of MOM... I won't post it, ok?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One more year

Getting ticked off

In the evening...