Connections...

Internet was really bad last month. Some software glitch made our computers incompatible with the modem... long story. In order to fix the problem, we had to switch computers... again! Only MY computer with Vista will run the new driver for the modem. Mikael's new computer won't... and the OLD computer is out of the question. *sigh*

Connected again! Yea! I uploaded pictures to the net... I must be doing something wrong, because David says that Picasa is the fastest and most user friendly. Appreciate the effort, please! I did it for you!

Other connections that have worked out:
  • A missionary returns to Brazil for 2 months break... needs somewhere to store a few things... so our office now has enough chairs for the translators to sit together... and a printer to use at the office. So nice we could help out!
  • A year is up for Holly who has been building underground dams in Tete Province. She is going back to America this week. I've been trying in vain to get contact solution. (That was the LAST bottle, not the NEXT to last bottle!) Holly has half a bottle of the stuff I need and doesn't need to take it home! Nice to be able to take that off her hands!
  • I wanted to get some nice shots of the kids and friends on our recent picnic on The Hill. Uh, that is a funny noise! My camera lens just goes in and out and beeps, but I get a lens error! Yikes! It is new, insured, and far from the repair shop... BUT Holly will be stopping for a few hours in South Africa... and we have a support team a few minutes from the airport. Leah can get my camera from Holly, get it fixed, and
  • The Tete Mennonite missionaries are getting a group coming through Johannesburg to Tete... in August. So, they can actually hand carry my camera back if it gets fixed in time! While I'm at it, I will order contacts and solution!
It is good to be connected! On the internet I've found old friends from Indiana on Facebook lately! 25 year High School reunion is coming up in Pensacola, but I'm not going to be there! I won't be sending new pictures of us and the kids without my camera. It is good to be connected to people for real, too. People right here in Tete who help each other out. Thanks friends... for carrying cameras, and leaving contact solution and chairs!

Thanks for praying for us here. These glitches are frustrating, but not serious. God has us in His hands! AND the translation is moving forward... about a chapter a day is getting finished now! Building plans are slowed down, but not stopped... we just need the right connections!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting ticked off

One more year

In the evening...