Dark and Lovely?

A slightly amusing result of the robbery in January was that my spare make-up was stolen. I don't use much here in Mozambique, but a bit of sunscreen and face powder make me feel more "put together". In lamenting my losses, I began to replace what I could from the local market.

One day when leaving the minibus stop, I saw face powder compacts lined up on a mat on the ground. Some young guy was selling make up to minibus riders... like me. Well, the majority of minibus riders are Africans who are truly Dark and Lovely. As I stooped to check out the offerings of the local selection, I was disappointed to see that all the compacts were "medium" and "dark". Upon inquiring where I could find a wider selection, he indicated a central market. There to my delight, I found it: Dark and Lovely, light. It was only $2.00; a great bargain considering that my usual powder runs about $8 and has to be shipped from America!

So, I've gone native... the color isn't quite right, but it does feel better than nothing in this sunshine. This will surely get me by until someone sends me some Physician's Formula translucent mineral pressed powder from the other side of the world.

Comments

  1. Is there a shade we need to know? Just wanting to make sure we take good care of you! Did you get your new car? Post please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the color of just Translucent. I threw away the compact for the last one! Sorry. Speckled shades of beige... not colors. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One more year

Getting ticked off

In the evening...