2am and not done...

What else is new? Ask anyone who has been "left behind" after the Mikael and Jeni leaving the country blitz... it is a mess, we never get it all done, and somehow, people still love us. Of course, they may be glad that we are gone for 3-4 years at a time. That way they don't have to deal with the mess as often.

We are going to bed. I weighed the suitcases and they come out to 20kg, 17kg, 17kg, 20kg, and 26kg. Now, if you average that out, you will notice that we have precisely the right allowable weight in our bags. I was impressed with that result since it was the first and only weigh-in. Hopefully they won't make us shift the heavy to the light, but it would not be too hard.

We have NOT packed the carry-ons yet. But the "pile" beside them looks reasonable. We are tired... did I say that yet.

I have again learned a lot from the leaving experience. Watching the kids deal with it is encouraging. They have actually been great. Today they hung out together and didn't fight... using up craft supplies that don't make the cut to save. Friends have stopped by to say good bye even if we don't "have time" to visit. Katie just hauls loads of "give-away stuff" out and her friends walk away with a smile.

Last night we were honored with just one more "good bye party" with great friends and Mikaels parents and food and cake and food and prayer and jokes and fun.

I could and would go on and on if I didn't have to have my car packed tomorrow morning at 11am. I"m glad for the love of family and friends who put up with our eccentric lifestyle and still respect us. God's family is pretty awesome.

Thanks for praying!

Comments

  1. I am remembering the night I came over and watched you pack before you left for Portugal. Things are a little more complicated now! I praise God for all He has done in your life since then. I love you lots and will be praying for you.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Just passin thru'
    I have been to Norway & Sweden Boras...... a long time agao....
    If you care to see my pics go to
    www.xanga.com/freye
    as @ the moment I can't download much @ the library....
    Hope you have a good trip....
    Blessings
    and REMEBER HIS name is also LOVE
    Sunny (Freye)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One more year

Getting ticked off

In the evening...