I know what you really want...



Tiny bananas make us smile a tiny bit.




Christmas in Tete 2010
Some very random pictures of a side to my life that I usually don't publicize. Here is the story behind the story from the past few years. Hot Christmas. Interesting acquaintances. Food. Bugs. This is some of the good, the bad and the ugly of a missionary family in Tete!

Christmas beetle- small, fuzzy and really red!

 I can't get my husband to wear shirts at home, so I don't post pics of him very often
I gave these guys Nyungwe Bible story books when I was visiting the immigration office. Then I found out they are Sena speakers!

Interesting company. I meet people from many walks of life. I think Jesus would love to hang out with these ladies too!
When we moved into this house the yard was depressing and bare. We didn't want you to feel sorry for us though!
Many man-hours to plant grass in the depressing yard... it makes a difference!
Nectarines are such a treat that they present a photo opp!
I don't dress very nicely at home during the hot season either!
Brazilian friends show us their way to barbeque


Lunch: Maize ntsima with pumpkin leaves and peanuts!
Ginger was in jail. Quarantined when her pup died of rabies. Not a fun month with many visits to the public health office for treatment doses of rabies vaccine for the whole family.
With uniforms, back to school pics are the same every year!

I bought 3 colorful sea stars at the seashore, but I feel guilty because it might not be legal!


Comments

  1. love love love all this pics and the text accompanying them.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One more year

Getting ticked off

In the evening...