Follow up...

I had a very good trip to Botswana. At the Pan Africa Reading for All Conference it was good to see positive things happening in literacy, libraries, teaching, mother tongue education and language development in Africa! I presented a pretty simple study of "The literate environment in Tete, Mozambique." I am now responsible for following up on all those great contacts I made with interesting people doing interesting things all over Africa!

The list of things I hope to accomplish in the next year isn't getting shorter! There are interesting possibilities all around and it isn't easy to decide which ones are likely to get results. I have a few opportunities to train local writers in Mozambican languages, so I'll start there. Who knows? The experience from this stage will probably lead to something useful later on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting ticked off

One more year

In the evening...