Back online

Here in our part of the world we have been having communication problems. Internet and cell phones have been mostly off with rare occasions of reduced functionality (I've always hated that word, but here I go using it in public!). They tell us things are just about back to normal, and we are trying to catch up on a backlog of missed communications. Hooray for Internet!

Just now, I'm writing this while my anti-virus is being slowly updated for the first time in a month. I've had several text messages reminding me to check on scheduling for visitors in the next month (we are getting Mikael's parents for a month, but also our Director, Seed Company rep, and some Discovery Team volunteers while they are here!) I replied to several e-mails asking for clarification of our plans in this year. Yep, we've been out of the loop. I think we are back. Try us and see!

Even though we are blessed with great ways to stay in touch, this reminds us that we are still off in a corner of Africa where a cut fiber-optic cable leaves half of the country without any alternate networks. So nice to have that sorted out. Now... back to work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One more year

Getting ticked off

In the evening...