I'm back!


  • I live in Tete Mozambique. I stay here for months at a time... sometimes years, without really going anywhere. It is usually great!
  • I went to Muizenburg, South Africa in for a month in May and June. We had meetings. We met friends. We had training and evaluations. We had fun, too. It was great! 
  • I came home for a week.
  • I went to Maputo, Mozambique for a week to do a Bloom workshop in Portuguese to help ADPP produce books in Changana and Ronga langauges. It was great!
  • I came home for a week.
  • My kids came home from boarding school! It was great! The whole family was together for a whole week! We celebrated my 50th birthday with friends and my kids surprised me. It was great. 
  • I took off with my eldest for the USA and we stayed for about 3 weeks including travel. We had a blast! I saw my MOM... and my sisters... and my nieces and my nephews and my brothers-in-law! I visited my churches. I told about Mozambique. I talked about reading books with kids. I talked about Nyungwe Bible translation. I talked about coming changes in our ministry as we finish in Tete, Mozambique in the next year or so. It was great. 
  • I said good-bye and it was not great...
  • I got home again and it was great to be back! We were all together again for a whole two weeks, almost! And we celebrated Katie's birthday. And we ate cake and saw friends and had family dinners with Mozambican food. 
  • AND we ran a two week crazy busy morning reading group with Little Zebra with 57 kids in each week. AND I was invited to a kick off to a new project with Unicef that will likely include Little Zebra books and will draw on our reading group experience int eh province of Tete. 
  • My big kids went back to boarding school.
  • My little kid isn't so little, and he is back at school here in town.
  • Now, I am back at my desk. I am catching up on emails and new stories to edit with my reading friends. I need to get a newsletter done, because missionaries have to do newsletters even when there isn't much time to think about what to write! (And when there isn't anything exciting to write about,,, we are still translating and sharing books with kids in Tete...)

So... watch this space for more interesting and well-thought out posts from Mozambique! Thanks for the love and prayers and support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting ticked off

One more year

Rosa