Be still and know...

My friend Gigi takes amazing pictures. She has lived in Tete for about 3 years or so. When she came, she said she wanted to find beauty wherever she was. I said, "Good luck, you are in Tete now!" She has shown me the beauty of the place around me and I look at my African home differently. I want to thank Gigi for showing so many of us here in this dry, dusty place where the beauty is. Her blog is SnappingAfrica. Have a look. It is a wonderful glimpse of life here in Tete!

Baobab

It towers over everything around it. It looks dead. Waiting for the two months of rain during the hottest part of the year. For just a fraction of the year there is respite. Otherwise, wait. Still. You can't tell it is alive until it buds and blossoms and produces fruit. Those seemingly dead branches give fruit every year. The baobab stands in God's stillness and waits for the blessing of rain. Through the burning sun and the drought with no sign of help. It knows. God is here. In his time, the rain will come.

How impatient we are! If we have to wait a week for an answer to prayer we start to complain. If we stand still and worship the creator trusting that help will come in his time, others complain. "Why are you just sitting there? Do something!" We forget that sometimes that all we should do is... Be still. And know. God is God. He promised help. It will come. When it does, be ready to bud, blossom and bear that fruit.

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10



For a link to this photo on Gigi's Snapping Africa 2 blog, click the link below.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhIN8R607-6NwteuFizghwUsrin8JFSGUCjuPXfwWIqcFFuGneWaAg7k0vebxp7Boht0whqiq0ibW_rLqvUF5DtG1l2OeZRXRl7onnh6GAjA1PXDoWBqRBitP50AmhE8SmG6_ABQXllhgTc/s1600/spooky+baobab+B&W.jpg



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting ticked off

One more year

Rosa